Dove Season opens Thursday September 1st. In anticipation, I've started going through some of my favorite dove recipes to share with you! This one is not only easy, it's DELICIOUS!!! ENJOY!!!
JALAPEÑO DOVE POPPERS
De-boned dove breasts
Large fresh jalapeño peppers
1 tub cream cheese
Bacon (I use thin sliced for easier wrapping)
1. Pre-heat grill to medium high heat
2. Rinse and dry dove breasts.
3. Slice jalapeños in half lengthwise. (Remove seeds and veins if you prefer less heat.)
4. Slather cream cheese in the open cavity of each jalapeño. Top with a dove breast and cover with the other half of the jalapeño (also slathered with cream cheese) wrap completely in bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Repeat will all breasts.
5. Grill poppers over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning once. Salt and pepper to taste.